Active Member Workshops
Want to learn more about the retirement system or the pre-retirement process? Each fall, TRS conducts live workshops in partnership with the Montana Federation of Public Employees. Below you'll find links to the presentation slides or video from those live sessions.
"TRS 101" Retirement System Basics
New! This presentation provides a general overview of Montana TRS. It was designed for newer teachers, those in mid-career, or anyone who wants to know more about TRS.
This updated material includes critical information for educators who are 3 to 5 years from retirement, as well as tips and resources to help TRS members plan ahead.
- VIDEO – View on our YouTube channel
- SLIDES – full-color presentation slides OR print-friendly version
MFPE Pre-Retirement Workshops
The Montana Federation of Public Employees (formerly MEA-MFT) schedules pre-retirement workshops each fall in several communities, and TRS conducts its "Ready-Set-Retire" presentation at these events. In 2018, MFPE and TRS conducted workshops in the following communities:
- September 27, 2018 – Havre High School auditorium
- October 4, 2018 – Helena Middle School auditorium
- October 9, 2018 – Butte High School commons
- October 10, 2018 – Corvallis High School library
- October 23, 2018 – Ronan Middle School Performing Arts Center
- November 7, 2018 – Poplar High School auditorium
TRS staff also presented three talks in four sessions at the MFPE Educators' Conference in Billings (October 18-19, 2018). See links above for slides or video of the "TRS 101" Retirement System Basics presentation and the "Ready-Set-Retire" presentation.
View TRS's Termination Pay presentation slides from the 2018 MASBO Regional Spring Workshops (pdf).
Nolan Brilz, TRS Accounting and Fiscal Manager, also conducts a training session for new payroll clerks at the annual MASBO Summer Conference and New Clerk Academy. Be sure to put this event on your calendar!
Subscribe to the TRS newsletter
Like us on Facebook