TRS Active Members
Want to learn more about TRS? Watch our "TRS 101" and "Ready, Set, Retire!" presentation videos! Links are on our Workshops and Presentations page.
Are you saving enough for retirement? How much income will you need?
See our Saving for Retirement page for helpful resources.
More resources are listed at the bottom of this page.
'My TRS' Member Portal
NOTE: For security reasons, access to 'My TRS' is blocked for some foreign countries.
If you are an active member of TRS, you may use My TRS to view your member contributions account balance, update your beneficiaries and contact information, estimate your future monthly retirement benefit (if vested), and more!
To log into My TRS: Use the Member Login link under Popular Links (upper right).
If you haven't yet created a username and password, read this brochure for helpful tips.
Who Qualifies as a TRS Member?
A person employed at least 210 hours during the fiscal year in a position reportable to TRS must become a member of TRS.
Membership is broken into two tiers:
- Tier 1 applies to any individual who became a TRS member before July 1, 2013.
- Tier 2 applies to any individual who became a TRS member on or after July 1, 2013. Tier 2 also applies to any member who withdrew as a Tier 1 member and was rehired in a TRS position on or after July 1, 2013.
There are differences between tiers with respect to eligibility for retirement benefits and the formulas used to calculate benefits. For details, view our TRS 101 presentation or refer to the Active Member Handbook.
Active Member Resources
- Active Member Forms
- Active Member Retirement Plan Handbook
- Fact Sheets on topics such as designating beneficiaries, purchasing service and more
- Family Law Orders / Divorce for Active Members
- Preparing for Retirement page (for members within 5 years of retirement)
- Saving for Retirement throughout your career
- TRS 101 – Retirement System Basics presentations
- TRS Ready, Set, Retire presentations (for members within 5 years of retirement)
Subscribe to the TRS newsletter