TRS Active Members
How much income will you need in retirement? Are you saving enough?
See our new Saving for Retirement page for helpful resources.
Want to attend a TRS "Ready, Set, Retire!" presentation?
The MFPE fall schedule is posted on our Workshops page.
More resources are listed at the bottom of this page.
'My TRS' Member Portal
NOTE: For security reasons, access to 'My TRS' is blocked for some foreign countries.
My TRS allows active TRS members to view their account information, update their beneficiaries and contact information, estimate their future retirement benefits (if vested), and more!
To log in: Use the Member Login link under Popular Links (upper right). If you haven't yet set up your 'My TRS' login, read this brochure for helpful tips.
Who Qualifies as a TRS Member?
A person employed at least 210 hours during the fiscal year in a position reportable to TRS must become a member of TRS.
Membership is broken into two tiers:
- Tier 1 applies to any individual who became a TRS member before July 1, 2013.
- Tier 2 applies to any individual who became a TRS member on or after July 1, 2013. Tier 2 also applies to any member who withdrew as a Tier 1 member and was rehired in a TRS position on or after July 1, 2013.
There are differences between tiers with respect to eligibility for retirement benefits and the formulas used to calculate benefits. For details, view our TRS 101 presentation or refer to the Active Member Handbook.
Active Member Resources
- Active Member Forms
- Active Member Retirement Plan Handbook
- Fact Sheets on topics such as designating beneficiaries, purchasing service and more
- Family Law Orders/Divorce for Active Members
- Preparing for Retirement page (for members within 5 years of retirement)
- Saving for Retirement throughout your career
- TRS 101 – Retirement System Basics presentation
- TRS Advisor Quick Videos
Subscribe to the TRS newsletter
Like us on Facebook