TRS Governing Board
Board Meeting Calendar
Board meetings are held at TRS offices, located at 100 N. Park Avenue in downtown Helena. A map is available on the Contact TRS page.
If you plan to attend the meeting, you may park in spaces marked "Visitor Parking" on the west (Benton Avenue) side of the building. On-street parking also may be available nearby. Once you enter the building, signs will direct you to the TRS conference room on the first floor.
Board Meeting Schedule for 2019 (dates are subject to change)
- Friday, February 15, 2019
- Friday, May 10, 2019
- Thursday, August 1, 2019
- Friday, October 11, 2019 – Next meeting
- Friday, December 6, 2019
|Kari Peiffer, Chair||Active member, Kalispell||July 1, 2022|
|Scott Dubbs, Vice Chair||Active member, Lewistown||July 1, 2023|
|Daniel Trost||Public Member, Helena||July 1, 2024|
|Daniel Chamberlin||Public Member, Whitefish||July 1, 2020|
|Janice Muller||Active member, Hamilton||July 1, 2021|
|Jeff Greenfield*||Retired Member, Shepherd||July 1, 2021|
*Also a member of the Montana Board of Investments, as required by statute.
TRS Strategic Planning
- 2017 Goals and Objectives (pdf)
- The full TRS 2017 Strategic Planning Summary document (pdf) includes a history of TRS planning efforts and a list of ongoing activities and commitments for 2017-2019.
Governing Laws and Policies
The following information links to the current state policies and laws governing TRS.
TRS Board Policies
- View TRS Board Policies
Montana State Laws and Administrative Rules for TRS
- Title 19, Chapter 20, Montana Code Annotated: Teachers' Retirement
- Rule Chapter 2.44 – Administrative Rules for Teachers' Retirement Board
- Updates from the 2019 Legislative Session
Legislative news archives: 2005-2017
2017 Legislative Session
2015 Legislative Session
2013 Legislative Session
2011 Montana Attorney General Opinion
In September 2011, Attorney General Steve Bullock issued the following opinion: "Retirees of the Teachers' Retirement System of Montana do not have individual rights of privacy in the amounts of their retirement benefits that clearly exceed the public's right to know."
2011 Legislative Session
2009 Legislative Session
2005 Legislative Session
Subscribe to the TRS newsletter
Like us on Facebook