TRS Governing Board
Board Meeting Calendar
Board meetings are held in the conference room of the Teachers' Retirement System at 1500 East Sixth Avenue in Helena. Any changes in meeting location will be posted here.
Agendas are posted on this page approximately one week prior to the upcoming board meeting. If you are interested in adding an item to the agenda, please contact TRS.
Board Meeting Schedule for 2018
- February 16, 2018
- May 18, 2018
- August 3, 2018
- August 8, 2018 (Special meeting)
- October 5, 2018
- December 14, 2018 – Agenda
Tentative Board Meeting Schedule for 2019 (dates are subject to change)
- February 15, 2019
- May 10, 2019
- August 2, 2019
- October 4, 2019
- December 6, 2019
|Kari Peiffer, Chair||Active member, Kalispell||July 1, 2022|
|Scott Dubbs, Vice Chair||Active member, Lewistown||July 1, 2023|
|Daniel Trost||Public Member, Helena||July 1, 2019|
|Daniel Chamberlin||Public Member, Helena||July 1, 2020|
|Janice Muller||Active member, Hamilton||July 1, 2021|
|Jeff Greenfield *||Retired Member, Shepherd||July 1, 2021|
* Also a member of the Montana Board of Investments, as required by statute.
TRS Strategic Planning
- 2017 Goals and Objectives (pdf)
- The full TRS 2017 Strategic Planning Summary document (pdf) includes a history of TRS planning efforts and a list of ongoing activities.
Governing Laws and Policies
The following information links to the current state policies and laws governing TRS.
TRS Board Policies
- View TRS Board Policies
Montana State Laws and Administrative Rules for TRS
- Title 19, Chapter 20, Montana Code Annotated: Teachers' Retirement
- Rule Chapter 2.44 – Administrative Rules for Teachers' Retirement Board
2015 Legislative Session
2013 Legislative Session
2011 Opinion: Montana Attorney General
The Montana Attorney General, Steve Bullock, issued an Opinion in September 2011 that "Retirees of the Teachers' Retirement System of Montana do not have individual rights of privacy in the amounts of their retirement benefits that clearly exceed the public's right to know."
2011 Legislative Session
2009 Legislative Session
2005 Legislative Session
Subscribe to the TRS newsletter
Like us on Facebook